usm.maine.edu/planet

STONES OF MY TRAVELS
with Lawrence Price
Tuesday, October 4, 2022
7:00 p.m.
Admission by donation

The night before each solstice, the Southworth Planetarium's resident stone
circle scholar presents a presentation about Stonehenge, the world's most
famous megalithic structure.   This coming Tuesday, Lawrence returns to
guide us through some of the hundreds of stone circles located throughout
the British Isles.       Join us as we explore these ancient sites and
learn how they were constructed and the many purposes they served to those
who built them.

Some were configured to replicate the stars.

Some were maidens gathered in a healing circle

Some were giants petrified by the rising Sun

[image: 750x500_top_1548146948_22jan19-easter-aquhorthies.jpg]

Yet, some of the others that have protruded out of remote wields for
thousands of years are so deeply mysterious we know little to nothing of
them or of those who crafted them long before the druids even arrived.

We invite you to join us on Tuesday evening as we venture beyond Stonehenge
and learn about some of the most mystical places in Britain from one who
has seen them in person and over time has learned many of their secrets.

Doors open at 6:30 p.m.

Feel free to call 207-780-4249 or send a reply to reserve your seats.