Hello,

How are you doing on this beautiful Friday? I hope things are going well!

I’m reaching out today in connection with the Free Community College Initiative that was just passed by the legislature and signed by Governor Mills. Here is a link to the MCCS information page -

Free College 2022 - Maine Community College System (me.edu)

To qualify for free tuition, students who are eligible need to file a FAFSA. To support FAFSA filing (for all students), we’ll be conducting some FAFSA training sessions (similar to what we do each October). This training is open to anyone who is interested, so I wanted to share it with all of you in case you would like to join us.

Here are the upcoming dates (the same training is being offered on two different dates):

Tuesday, April 26 from 2:00-4:00: https://famemaine.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_DClgxXJaRM2VFSjWBCdNtw

Monday, May 2 from 2:00-4:00: https://famemaine.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_8W7mtIvlQvW3BHOIBXzkpw

FAME will also be hosting Virtual FAFSA Help sessions to help any interested students/parents directly (upcoming events will be listed on our website soon at FAMEmaine.com/events). We also offer 1:1 Zoom sessions that can be scheduled from our Contact page: FAMEmaine.com/contact

Thank you for allowing me to share this training opportunity! I’m always so excited when people are interested in learning more about the FAFSA!

I appreciate all you do to help students reach their goals!

Take care,

Mila

Mila Tappan

College Access and Outreach Manager

FINANCE AUTHORITY OF MAINE
P.O. Box 949, 5 Community Drive, Augusta, ME  04332-0949
207-620-
3504 or 1-800-228-3734

Fax: 207-213-2604 – TTY: 207-626-2717

[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Pronouns: she | her | hers

Helping Maine people achieve their business and education goals since 1983

Best Places to Work in Maine - 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by e-mail at the address shown.  This e-mail transmission may contain confidential information.  This information is intended only for the use of the individuals or entities to whom it is intended even if addressed incorrectly.  Please delete it from your files if you are not an intended recipient.  Thank you for your compliance.