Dear Geospatial Advocate,

It's time for spring flying in Maine! The Maine GeoLibrary has coordinated Spring 2022 acquisitions for over 16,000 square miles of aerial imagery and approximately 4,800 square miles of LiDAR for the State; this includes the rollovers from 2021 as well.

I am requesting your help in providing current ground conditions across the state of Maine for these programs to determine best flying times.

Please provide the following:
a. Your location (city/town, county).
b. Any snow on the ground? Yes/No. If yes, where? (Parking lot snow piles, ditches, edge of water, etc.) Include photos if possible.
c. Leaf-out/leaf pop conditions. Include photos if possible.

The Orthoimagery and LiDAR Programs are covering large geographic areas, so your assessment is greatly needed. Feel free to forward this email to colleagues so that ground conditions are well represented throughout the state. Ideal flying conditions are leaf-off with no snow, on a clear, sunny, cloud-free day with good sun angle. Our flight contractors will evaluate ground conditions with weather conditions as they fly. Please note that I will be asking for updated information weekly as the collection season progresses. Condition reports should be sent directly to me at [log in to unmask].

Thank you for your assistance in sending along ground condition information. Are you interested in additional details about the orthoimagery and LiDAR programs? Feel free to contact me directly, attend our monthly GeoLibrary Board Meetings, or visit the GeoLibrary website for program details.

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments; I am always happy to discuss mapping services and data!

Sincerely,

Claire Kiedrowski
Executive Director
Maine Library of Geographic Information
Email: [log in to unmask]
Cell: (207) 266-7087

----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list Maine GeoNews (GEOLIBRARY-L) is an unmoderated discussion list for all Maine GIS Users. If you no longer wish to receive e-mail from this list, you can remove your name and email address yourself at the this web address:

https://lists.maine.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=GEOLIBRARY-L&A=1

Or, you may also request that your name be removed by sending email to: