Carol,

From the video I have seen and news reports, there was a faceoff with about 8 seconds in the defensive zone with 6 attackers.  Puck goes into the corner where about  six or seven players scrum for the remainder of the game,  Horn sounds and it just gets into a pushing/wrestling match (including a couple Cornell players losing their helmets (with help, of course)).  Referees actually did a good job breaking it up fairly quickly.  2 and 10 for everyone on the ice was an easy way to say don't do this again without imposing any lasting repercussions on either team.  Also this way the refs did not have to sort out who was actually roughing and who was just doing a "pairs skate."

video link

https://quchronicle.com/76117/sports/no-5-quinnipiac-swept-by-no-18-cornell-cleary-cup-still-within-grasp/

William Sangrey
Cornell '87&;94
Let's Go Red!!!

-----Original Message-----
From: Carol White <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Fri, Feb 25, 2022 11:50 pm
Subject: Cornell at Quinnipiac - was anyone in attendance?

I noticed this oddity as I was reading scores this evening.

Quinnipiac took one penalty in the first period
Cornell scored one PP goal late in the first period.

Quinnipiac took one penalty in the second period.
No scoring

At the very end of the game, there were 10 penalties called, 5 on each team along with a misconduct for each penalty.

Anyone who can fill us in on this one, please do!

Sounds like a fight happened!

-Carol, QoGH