For all those who wish to apply for E-Rate on their own for Funding Year 2022 (meaning filing for E-Rate for products and services other than those that Networkmaine provides its members):

The FY2022 Form 471 Filing Window is now open and you can begin working on your form in EPC.

Frequently Asked Questions

Does this apply to me?

Do you want to request E-Rate funding for any FY2022 (July 1, 2022 - June 30, 2023) eligible products and services not provided by Networkmaine? If so, then YES!

Can I file an FY2022 Form 471 now for new products and services that I want to purchase?

Question: Have you posted an FY2022 Form 470?
  • If no, then DO THAT FIRST! And file it SOON! The last day to file an FY2022 Form 470 is February 22, 2022.
  • If yes BUT the 28 day competitive bidding waiting period has NOT elapsed (28 days from the date you posted a Form 470 or uploaded an RFP or an RFP amendment, whichever is later), then SIT TIGHT! Wait the 28 days before signing a contract and filing your FY2022 Form 471.
  • If yes AND if the 28 day competitive bidding waiting period HAS elapsed AND you have signed your contract, then YES! You can log into EPC now and get the ball rolling on your Form 471.
    • Suggestion: Enter your contract into the Contracts Module before beginning your Form 471. If your FY2022 Form 471 includes a contracted service, the form must refer to a contract that has been entered and saved in the Contracts Module and it is easier to complete this before beginning your form.

Can I file an FY2022 Form 471 now if I have an ongoing multi-year contract?

Question: Is this Form 471 a funding request that is part of an ongoing multi-year contract signed as a result of a Form 470 competitively bid in a prior funding year?
  • If yes, then YES! No new Form 470 is required for these services as long as the existing E-Rate vetted contract runs at least through June 30, 2023. You can log into EPC now and file your Form 471.
  • If no (you have a contract but there was never a Form 470 posted for it), then NO! All Form 471 funding requests must be for products and services that were included on a Form 470 and competitively bid according to E-Rate rules.

Where can I get help?

Due to file size, I will be sending separate emails with Category 1 and Category 2 step-by-step guides for filing a Form 471.

The Networkmaine E-Rate Resources website (http://erate.networkmaine.net/) also has these guides as well as additional guides and guidance of various types.

Feel free to call or email me with any questions.

Upcoming E-Rate Deadlines

FY2022 Form 470 Deadline: February 22, 2022

FY2022 Form 471 Application Filing Window: January 12, 2022 at 12:00 Noon EST – March 22, 2022 at 11:59 PM EDT

Anne Perloff
Maine State E-Rate Coordinator for Schools
Networkmaine, University of Maine System US:IT

Phone: 207-581-3584

Mail:
Networkmaine
5752 Neville Hall, Room 255