Hello Maine TRIO Colleagues!

With the MEEOA Conference coming up later this week, I wanted to send an email asking you to think about serving on the MEEOA Board for next year.

But first, I want to tell you that I have really enjoyed serving on this board. In the last 4 years I have served as Secretary, Conference Chair, President-Elect, President, and now Past-President. I know I may sound like a broken record, but I have felt fulfilled through the professional development and relationships I have made through serving. I am not sure I ever felt ready for it, but pushing past what we are comfortable with is part of the joy of living. I will be honest, it is a bit of commitment, but it is certainly not exorbinant and the reward of serving is feeling useful and meaningful. We all believe in the work we do as TRIO professionals, and I see serving on the MEEOA (or NEOA) Board as a way to ensure the vitality of our programs.

SO! Let me tell you about how you can serve:
THIS YEAR:
Positions for next year:
If you would like to know more, please check out these board descriptions and feel free to talk to me or any other MEEOA Board Member. I would enjoy speaking with you about the possibilites.

Mary

Mary Sinclair
Student Services Coordinator, Upward Bound
University of Maine at Farmington
252 Main Street, Farmington, ME 04938
207.778.7429 (w) 207.712.2930 (c)
Toll Free: 1.888.237.1667