Hello Maine TRIO Colleagues!

With the MEEOA Conference coming up later this week, I wanted to send an
email asking you to think about serving on the MEEOA Board for next year.

But first, I want to tell you that I have really enjoyed serving on this
board. In the last 4 years I have served as Secretary, Conference Chair,
President-Elect, President, and now Past-President. I know I may sound like
a broken record, but I have felt fulfilled through the professional
development and relationships I have made through serving. I am not sure I
ever felt ready for it, but pushing past what we are comfortable with is
part of the joy of living. I will be honest, it is a bit of commitment, but
it is certainly not exorbinant and the reward of serving is feeling useful
and meaningful. We all believe in the work we do as TRIO professionals, and
I see serving on the MEEOA (or NEOA) Board as a way to ensure the vitality
of our programs.

SO! Let me tell you about how you can serve:
*THIS YEAR:*

   - President-Elect (2022-2023 President)
   - Government Relations
   - Alumni Committee
   - Development Committee
   - Technology Committee
   - Public Relations/ Advocacy Day assisting/shadowing

Positions for next year:

   - President-Elect (2023-2024 President)
   - Government Relations
   - Public Relations
   - Advocacy Day
   - Conference Committee
   - NEOA Conference 2023 in Maine
   - *Any other board position you are interested in!!*

If you would like to know more, please check out these board descriptions
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1B7oaLafp2Hmg57x2Q0yBBjVQ0SbP4qIy/view?usp=sharing>and
feel free to talk to me or any other MEEOA Board Member
<https://www.meeoa.org/committee.php?id=3>. I would enjoy speaking with you
about the possibilites.

Mary

*Mary Sinclair*
Student Services Coordinator, Upward Bound
<http://www2.umf.maine.edu/upwardbound/>
University of Maine at Farmington
252 Main Street, Farmington, ME 04938
207.778.7429 (w) 207.712.2930 (c)