It's not too late to join, but please do sign up as it requires you to register in advance!

Online Minecraft EDU General Overview Training

Date:  Thursday, Dec. 9, 2021

Time:  3:00 - 4:00 PM

Location:  Online Via Microsoft Teams

Trainer:  Dan Coronel -  [log in to unmask]

Registration Link:   MailScanner has detected a possible fraud attempt from "us-west-2.protection.sophos.com" claiming to be https://aka.ms/MinecraftEDUMaineDemo

 Overview

This training will be a general overview of the educational version of Minecraft! It will aim to answer any questions you have about the program and invite and encourage you to reach out to [log in to unmask] for any questions regarding Minecraft EDU or if you would like to move forward and purchase licenses.

Content area

Introduction (5-10 min)

  • What is Minecraft EDU?

  • Where do I purchase, how much, and what is it used for?

  • Why will I benefit from it?

Launching Game, Basic Controls & Joining and Hosting Games (15-30 min)

  • Launching Minecraft EDU

  • How to Host a Game

  • Basic Controls and Navigating Around the World

  • How to Join a Game

  • Important Items for Teachers

Our Relationship with Educators & Extras (20 min)

  • Examples of what Teachers Have Done in the Past

  • Examples of How We Collaborate with Teachers

  • The Worlds Available for You to Explore (Including Special Ones like Good Trouble)

  • Worlds I Personally Made for Educators (Chemistry Party)

  • NPC’s: Non-Playable Characters

  • In Person Event Planning

Q&A and next steps (5-10 min)

  • Some Time Left to Address Any Questions in Chat