We're sending Friday's quiz a day early so you can have it on Thanksgiving.
I'm not sure why, either, but there it is. Have a splendid holiday!

THE DAILY ASTRONOMER
Friday, November 26, 2021
Quiz 11: Fun Trivia

Let's have some fun today!
Darn it into a sock life has been as tense as a harp string, as uncertain
as the weather next July 14th, and as jarring as tectonic activity, lately,
hasn't it? And though the DA prides itself on being the article of choice
for the incurably stuff-shirted, we decided to offer a simple, fun quiz
today as a way of alleviating just a little of this tension. Trivia
questions about a variety of topics: the type of quiz one can share at home
around a cheerful fire with hot chocolate in one hand and the fingers of
your most beloved in the other. (Ok, that sentence sounded much more
heart-warming and romantic when I thought of it last night.)

So, kick back, indulge in that extra helping of party mix and enjoy a few
moments of much needed levity on this extended holiday weekend.

*1. _______________ is the only US state whose flag contains an image of
the Union Jack.*
a. Virginia
b. Georgia
c. Hawaii
d. South Carolina

*2. The Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade is the second biggest consumer of
helium in the USA. Which organization is the biggest consumer?*
a. The Walt Disney Corporation
b. The US Government
c. The Massachusetts Institute of Technology
d. Good Year

*3. Sir Arthur Conan Doyle wrote four Sherlock Holmes novels and _________
short stories. *
a. 41
b. 56
c. 63
d, 77

*4. The Sun occupies the constellation ______________ on Thanksgiving. *
a. Sagittarius
b. Scorpius
c. Capricornus
d. Libra

*5. The combined length of the US interstate system is currently
_______________ miles.*
a, 46,876
b. 53, 454
c. 87,231
d, 916,713

*6, What is the most populated Capital city in the US?*
a. Austin, Texas
b. Phoenix, Arizona
c. Columbus, Ohio
d. Indianapolis, Indiana

*7. Which planet has the greatest number of known moons?*
a. Jupiter
b. Saturn
c. Uranus
d. Neptune

*8. The NFL has scheduled games on Thanksgiving since _____________.*
a. 1887
b. 1902
c. 1920
d. 1933

*9. When listed in alphabetical order, _____________ ranks first and
________________ ranks last. (Ah, yes, no choices for this one.)*

*10. In 1913, Silver Lake, CO, set the record for the greatest snowfall
accumulation in a 24 hour period. During that 24 hour period, __________
inches of snow fell onto Silver Lake.*
a. 45.7
b. 53.8
c. 66.2
d. 75.8

ANSWERS
[...]

Saturn's current moon count stands at 82. Jupiter, which currently has 79
known moons, and Saturn have both held the title of most moons many times.
Next year, if we ask this same question, the answer could well be
different.

*8. The NFL has scheduled games on Thanksgiving since _____________.*
c. 1920
The same year as the league's inception.

*9. When listed in alphabetical order, _____________ ranks first and
________________ ranks last. (Ah, yes, no choices for this one.) *
Afghanistan; Zimbabwe

https://lists.maine.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=DAILY-ASTRONOMER&A=