Hello all,

The MEEOA Conference Co-Chairs, Linda Freeman and Kelsey Bailey, have been hard at work on the MEEOA Conference 2022! They have a supportive and energetic team and are making plans. We wanted you to be aware of the info we know so far: the conference will be January 6-8 in Bar Harbor (we don't have a contract yet but it is likely at the Atlantic Oceanside again).  Registration will open in October.

As discussed after the 2020 conference, the cost of the conference needs to rise, especially post-pandemic. The MEEOA Board approved raising the rates (by $20 in each category) for the conference to:
Early Bird RegularOne Day
MEEOA Member$150$180$120
Non-Member$185$210$145
Retired Member$90$90$70
Retired, Non-Member$120$120$95
Banquet, Dinner Only$63

In addition, the MEEOA Board voted to make a donation to COE again this year. We have been fortunate in our financial situation for 2020-21, so we will be making a $5,000 donation in July. There was lively discussion about this over two board meetings and I am happy to fill you in on any of it, if you would like to reply to me! We are proud to support COE in such a meaningful way.

COE has some things they would like to share with us:
NEOA is working on their strategic plan, and President-Elect Deb McCann is looking to involve lots of new members in committee work. If you are interested in serving with either NEOA or MEEOA, please let me know. I would be happy to chat about opportunities in either one.

As I am sure you saw by now, President Biden proposed to increase funding of TRIO programs by $20 Million in his budget! Right now is a monumental and important time for all of our programs!

Take care, and happy summer!
Mary

Mary Sinclair
Student Services Coordinator, Upward Bound
University of Maine at Farmington
252 Main Street, Farmington, ME 04938
207.778.7429 (w) 207.712.2930 (c)
Toll Free: 1.888.237.1667