This list Maine GeoNews (GEOLIBRARY-L) is an unmoderated discussion list for all Maine GIS Users. If you no longer wish to receive e-mail from this list, you can remove your name and email address yourself at the this web address:
In August, Blue Marble Geographics, a Maine-based developer of GIS and geodetic software, will be hosting a month-long series of online events to showcase the company’s academic programs, including no-cost access to its software for universities and colleges in the US and Canada as well as free curriculum and teaching materials.
With an extensive collection of powerful geospatial tools, Blue Marble’s Global Mapper software is ideally suited for the task of introducing students to the core principles of GIS. Throughout the month of August, teachers and faculty will have an opportunity to learn how the use of this innovative software in the classroom will provide students with the knowledge and skills needed to succeed in the geospatial industry.
The program will feature:
To learn more about Blue Marble’s Academic month, please contact [log in to unmask] or sign up for the Blue Marble Marble Monthly newsletter to receive updated information about the event in your inbox.
- An interactive webinar in which faculty share their experience teaching with Global Mapper.
- A free workshop for teachers introducing the key functionality of Global Mapper.
- An overview of the academic labs, a series of structured lessons that are freely available to all colleges and universities.
- A school spotlight feature, in which we share some of the work being done with Global Mapper in the classroom.
- The announcement about the availability of the 2021-2022 Blue Marble academic scholarship.
- And much more.
If you are a professor who is currently using Global Mapper in the classroom and would like to share some information about the work that your students have done with the software, please let us know and your school may be showcased during the Academic Month.
Or, you may also request that your name be removed by sending email to:
[log in to unmask]