From: Stephanie Salvador <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, May 28, 2021 at 3:08 PM
Subject: Biden Budget Request-$200 million for TRIO!
To: <[log in to unmask]>

Are you having trouble viewing this message? Click here

May 28, 2021

Dear Colleagues:

Today, the Biden-Harris Administration released its first budget request to Congress for Fiscal Year 2022. We are pleased to announce that budget request included a $200 million (or 18%) funding increase for TRIO, for a total proposed appropriation of $1.3 billion. This is a historic commitment - the most serious of any Administration - to college access and success.  The Administration is also requesting a $40 million (or 11%) funding increase for GEAR UP, for a total proposed appropriation of $408 million. We will have much work to do to ensure that this budget request is enacted into law.  However, you have made tremendous progress in our efforts to Double TRIO, Double Pell.

Our community will need to work closely with the Congress, which ultimately sets the funding levels for TRIO and all other federal programs, to bring this budget request to fruition. This next year is particularly critical as the amount of funding we receive for FY22 will have a direct impact on the number of grants awarded in the upcoming Upward Bound, Upward Bound Math-Science, Veterans Upward Bound, and McNair grant competitions.  We also anticipate that the $200 million request will allow an expansion in the number of EOC, Student Support Services and Talent Search programs funded.

Thank you for your continued support of TRIO students and program--and congratulations!

Sincerely,

Maureen Hoyler

President

[log in to unmask]" alt="Facebook" title="Facebook" style="text-decoration:none;height:auto;border:0;display:block"> [log in to unmask]" alt="Twitter" title="Twitter" style="text-decoration:none;height:auto;border:0;display:block"> [log in to unmask]" alt="Google+" title="Google+" style="text-decoration:none;height:auto;border:0;display:block">
Web Bug from https://t.congressweb.com/i/?JATWBVPYED

Forward to a Friend | Unsubscribe