Hello all,

After an energizing NEOA Conference last week, I am following up with information, an ask,  and acknowledgements.

During the MEEOA State Meeting we reviewed proposed changes to the MEEOA Constitution. We wanted everyone to be aware of the changes and have time to think about them, so we did not vote at that time. We will send out a link soon. Please review the attached documents, and let me know your questions or concerns. The purpose of the changes is to remove gendered language and to correct minor grammatical errors.

As I mentioned in the meeting, I would like to look more carefully at our policies and think about ways that they are proactively inclusive, but I would really like help with that. If you would be willing to help, please let me know!

We have someone who would like to serve as Secretary next year, but we are still looking for a President-Elect. Please consider serving, or asking a friend if they might like to serve on the MEEOA Board.

Congrats to the NEOA 2021 Rising Star recipient, our own Doris Juarez! If you would like to see Doris' info you can go to page 6 of the conference booklet

Congratulations also to the Maine attendees of the Arnold Mitchum Leadership Institute:
Katharine Gergosian, SMCC
Terri Plummer, USM
Alyssa West, USM
Chris Young, Syntiro
This was a challenging year to take on such an endeavor, and your MEEOA colleagues congratulate you on your commitment to learning and leadership.

The NEOA conference committee asked everyone to donate $20.21 to COE in recognition of the conference, and I would invite you to join in this endeavor. We heard from Rowan Bost, Senator Collins' education aide, during the conference, and it is a reminder of how lucky we are in Maine and how important the work of COE is.

COE is hosting a watch-party to celebrate UB-alumna Viola Davis's Oscar nomination in Ma Rainey's Black Bottom. Take a look and sign up for the April 22 event.

Take care,
Mary

Mary Sinclair
Student Services Coordinator, Upward Bound
University of Maine at Farmington
252 Main Street, Farmington, ME 04938
207.778.7429 (w) 207.712.2930 (c)
Toll Free: 1.888.237.1667