Although the news out of Orono this weekend has been devastating, I’m really encouraged for Hockey-L. 19 participants. That’s great. And some seemingly “newcomers” are near the top of the list. As you can tell, I’m not a participant in these contests as I spent several years making a fool of myself, predicting the results of high school football games in the newspaper every Friday morning. I’d had enough of that kind of thing. But as a long-time member of Hockey-L who never left, I believe I see a resurgence in interest. I’ve participated, joyously, in the discussions over the years which have all but disappeared lately. I just hope we can get those discussions going again. My two teams, Maine as the primary, which hasn’t been a playoff participant much lately, and UMD, which has, both are discussion-worthy. And before I’m accused of jumping on the UMD bandwagon, I married a Johnson from Duluth (Yonsohn from Dulut for the Scandinavians in the audience) 60 years ago, returned to Duluth each July 55 of those 60 years and befriended a few members of the media, beginning with Kevin Pates at the Duluth News Tribune, and broadcaster Marsh Nelson of KDAL. Kevin retired to Arizona several years ago and we still keep in touch. Unfortunately Marsh passed away much too young. He was also the PA announcer for the Minnesota Vikings. I’ve never had the cash to attend a Frozen Four. Hockey-L is my connection to the Division I hockey world. If you know others who might be interested in joining, I encourage you to encourage them to join. It really can be great fun. And my everlasting thanks to Mark for keeping these contests going. I always read the results with great interest.