We applaud when they spring for rare book rooms and scholarships.  And for distinguished professorships, which make some people a little uneasy sometimes.  But, jeepers.  What next?  “My Pillow Head Men’s Hockey Coach”?  It takes some getting used to.

Anyway, we’re all in for a  heartening evening of hockey, in spite of everything.

Jeff W.

From: - Hockey-L - The College Hockey Discussion List <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of John Edwards
Sent: Wednesday, April 7, 2021 4:08 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Let the Branding Continue

On Wed, Apr 7, 2021 at 1:00 PM Doug Peterson <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Apparently Mel Pearson has been branded. This is how a Michigan hockey email came signed today.

Graham Family Head Men’s Ice Hockey Coach
Mel Pearson

That’s fairly normal. There are a number of head coaches who have endowed chairs at their university. I’m 99% sure Dartmouth and SLU have those for their men’s coaches, and Clarkson might as well.

It means the position is being funded by the interest on the rich peoples’ donations.

John

--

John Edwards
"You can insure against the weather, but you can't insure against incompetence, can you?" - Phil Tufnell