Good Morning MEEOA,

I just wanted to share with you all that yesterday Senator Collins spoke on
the Senate floor, proposing her bipartisan bill entitled Educational
Opportunity and Success Act. This bill would reauthorize and strengthen
federal TRIO programs. This is especially encouraging as we head into our
virtual "Hill Visits," tomorrow for Policy Seminar, when we will be able to
thank Senator Collins, directly. See a list of the provisions she mentions
in her pitch:

This bill seeks to:

   - Reauthorize TRIO programs
   - Make it easier for administrators to reach students
   - Update the way that programs are evaluated and streamline the
   application process
   - Increase stipends for Upward Bound participants
   - Create a new stipend for Veterans Upward Bound participants
   - Institute a commonsense process for correcting TRIO applications with
   minor errors

Please see the video at the link below:

https://www.c-span.org/video/?c4953638/user-clip-senator-collins-presents-educational-opportunity-success-act-supporting-trio-program

A story she features is one of MEEOA's Achievers from 2020, Jason Judd,
Executive Director of Educate Maine and UMF Upward Bound Alum!

Please feel free to reach out with any questions.

Take good care,

Eric
--
*Eric Pratt*
Pronouns: He|Him|His

Academic Counselor | STEM & Outreach Coordinator
MEEOA Government Relations Chair
Upward Bound | University of Maine at Farmington
252 Main Street
Farmington, ME 04938
C: 207.314.5499 | W: 207.778.7279
Toll Free: 1.888.237.1667