Hi all,
Great to see you all again - thanks for restarting these meetings, Susie!
I found this on the Google support page regarding the problem of not being able to scroll up and down the student list when assigning something in Google Classroom:
If you go to system preferences>general>show scroll bars-always, you will be able to use the scroll bar to go down the list.

That seemed to work for me using the M1 MacBook Air with Big Sur.
Hope this helps!

Mark Miller
Technology Integrator
MSAD 55
207 625-2490 x1142
"... education is the intersection of content, curiosity, and relationship"  (Kwame M. Brown)
"Cast screens, not aspersions." (me)

MSAD#55 Confidentiality Notice:  The information contained in this message (including any attachments) may contain privileged and/or confidential information protected from disclosure by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. Any disclosure of the document is strictly prohibited outside the scope of the service for which you are receiving the information. If you have received this communication in error, please notify sender immediately and delete the material from any computer.