*For all those who wish to apply for E-Rate on their own for Funding Year
2021 (meaning filing for E-Rate for products and services other than those
that Networkmaine provides its members):*

*The FY2021 Form 471 is now available in EPC.  *

*Frequently Asked Questions*

*Does this apply to me?*

Do you want to request E-Rate for any FY2021 (July 1, 2021 - June 30, 2022)
eligible products and services not provided by Networkmaine? *If so,* then
*YES*!

*Can I file an FY2021 Form 471 now for new products and services that I
want to purchase?*

Question 1: Have you posted an FY2021 Form 470?

   - *If no*, then *DO THAT FIRST*! And file it *SOON*! The last day to
   file an FY2021 Form 470 is February 25, 2021.
   - *If yes BUT the 28 day competitive bidding waiting period has NOT
   elapsed* (28 days from the date you posted a Form 470 or uploaded an RFP
   or an RFP amendment, whichever is later), then *SIT TIGHT*! Wait the 28
   days before filing your FY2021 Form 471.
   - *If yes AND if the 28 day competitive bidding waiting period HAS
   elapsed*, then *YES*! You can log into EPC now and get the ball rolling
   on your Form 471.

Question 2: Are you filing for a contracted service?

   - *If yes*, then enter your contract into the Contracts Module before
   beginning your Form 471. If your FY2021 Form 471 includes a contracted
   service, the form must refer to a contract that has been entered and saved
   in the Contracts Module and it is easier to complete this before beginning
   your form.

*Can I file an FY2021 Form 471 now if I have an ongoing multi-year
contract?*

Question: Is this Form 471 a funding request that is part of an ongoing
multi-year contract signed as a result of a Form 470 competitively bid in a
prior funding year?

   - *If yes*, then *YES*! No new Form 470 is required for these services
   as long as the existing E-Rate vetted contract runs at least through June
   30, 2022. You can log into EPC now and file your Form 471.
   - *If no* (you have a contract but there was never a Form 470 posted for
   it), then *NO*! All Form 471 funding requests must be for products and
   services that were included on a Form 470 and competitively bid according
   to E-Rate rules.

*Where can I get help?*

Due to the file size limitations on this mailing list,  I will be sending
separate Category 1 and Category 2 step by step guides for filing a Form
471.

The Networkmaine E-Rate Resources website (http://erate.networkmaine.net/)
also has these guides as well as additional guides and guidance of various
types.

Feel free to call or email me with any questions.

*Upcoming E-Rate Deadlines*

*FY2021 Form 470 Deadline: *February 25, 2021

*FY2021 Form 471 Application Filing Window: *January 15, 2021 at 12:00 Noon
EST – March 25, 2021 at 11:59 PM EDT

Anne Perloff
Maine State E-Rate Coordinator for Schools
Networkmaine, University of Maine System US:IT

Web: erate.networkmaine.net

Email: [log in to unmask]

Phone: 207-581-3584

Mail: