For all those who wish to apply for E-Rate on their own for Funding Year 2021 (meaning filing for E-Rate for products and services other than those that Networkmaine provides its members):

The FY2021 Form 471 is now available in EPC.

Frequently Asked Questions

Does this apply to me?

Do you want to request E-Rate for any FY2021 (July 1, 2021 - June 30, 2022) eligible products and services not provided by Networkmaine? If so, then YES!

Can I file an FY2021 Form 471 now for new products and services that I want to purchase?

Question 1: Have you posted an FY2021 Form 470?
  • If no, then DO THAT FIRST! And file it SOON! The last day to file an FY2021 Form 470 is February 25, 2021.
  • If yes BUT the 28 day competitive bidding waiting period has NOT elapsed (28 days from the date you posted a Form 470 or uploaded an RFP or an RFP amendment, whichever is later), then SIT TIGHT! Wait the 28 days before filing your FY2021 Form 471.
  • If yes AND if the 28 day competitive bidding waiting period HAS elapsed, then YES! You can log into EPC now and get the ball rolling on your Form 471.
Question 2: Are you filing for a contracted service?
  • If yes, then enter your contract into the Contracts Module before beginning your Form 471. If your FY2021 Form 471 includes a contracted service, the form must refer to a contract that has been entered and saved in the Contracts Module and it is easier to complete this before beginning your form.

Can I file an FY2021 Form 471 now if I have an ongoing multi-year contract?

Question: Is this Form 471 a funding request that is part of an ongoing multi-year contract signed as a result of a Form 470 competitively bid in a prior funding year?
  • If yes, then YES! No new Form 470 is required for these services as long as the existing E-Rate vetted contract runs at least through June 30, 2022. You can log into EPC now and file your Form 471.
  • If no (you have a contract but there was never a Form 470 posted for it), then NO! All Form 471 funding requests must be for products and services that were included on a Form 470 and competitively bid according to E-Rate rules.

Where can I get help?

Due to the file size limitations on this mailing list,  I will be sending separate Category 1 and Category 2 step by step guides for filing a Form 471.

The Networkmaine E-Rate Resources website (http://erate.networkmaine.net/) also has these guides as well as additional guides and guidance of various types.

Feel free to call or email me with any questions.

Upcoming E-Rate Deadlines

FY2021 Form 470 Deadline: February 25, 2021

FY2021 Form 471 Application Filing Window: January 15, 2021 at 12:00 Noon EST – March 25, 2021 at 11:59 PM EDT

Anne Perloff
Maine State E-Rate Coordinator for Schools
Networkmaine, University of Maine System US:IT

Phone: 207-581-3584

Mail:
Networkmaine
5752 Neville Hall, Room 255