*DECEMBER NEWSLETTER*

The December ACTEM newsletter is now available online.  At the ACTEM board
retreat this past summer, the board voted, starting with the Dec. 2020
issue, to publish newsletters online only.  You will no longer receive a
printed version of our newsletter in the mail.  The December 2020  issue
of ACTEM's *Connected Educator* is available at ACTEM's website and with
the following links:   *PDF Version
<http://www.actem.org/resources/Documents/Newsletters/2021/ACTEM_DecemberNews2020.pdf>
 or  **Online Magazine Format
<https://indd.adobe.com/view/bf5bc722-3843-49a6-8b00-b646e7e791cd>*

*This issue includes...*

- ACTEM 2020 Virtual Fall Conference Summary
- ACTEM 2020 Conference Workshops Available Online
- Alludo Vision Voyage (Gamified ACTEM 2020 Conference)
- COVID-19 Is Pushing School Tech Departments to their Limits - and Then
Some

-  Is Learning on Zoom The same as In Person?

- ACTEM Bylaws Revisions
- ISTE 2020 Live

- ACTEM 2019-20 Annual Report

- Resources: Girls Who Code, ISTE COVID-19 Education Coalition, EdTech Team

- Maine Teacher of the Year Gala
- Thomas Cup

- Maine DOE News
- Upcoming Events and more

The Connected Educator is a quarterly publication of ACTEM for members and
Maine educators interested in education and technology.  Our goal is to
provide a forum to present information and share ideas to enhance and
influence education in Maine through the use of technology.  Please
consider submitting content for publication in our next issue.  Copy
deadline for the March 2021 Connected Educator is Feb. 15th.  Articles,
photos, and other content for inclusion in the next newsletter may be
emailed to *[log in to unmask]* <[log in to unmask]>

*BYLAWS REVISIONS*

ACTEM’s Bylaws were last revised in 2012 and needed much work to reflect
current practices. The ACTEM Board worked on revising the bylaws last
Spring and also contracted with a lawyer that specializes in non-profits to
go over the revisions in order to make sure the bylaws were in compliance
with Maine statutes.  All of the lawyer’s recommendations have been
included in the revised bylaws.

You may examine the bylaws with all markups and revisions at the following *WEB
LINK*
<http://actem.wildapricot.org/resources/Documents/ACTEM%20Bylaws%20Revised%20-%202020.pdf>
.

The ACTEM board presented the bylaws revisions at the Sept. 24, 2020
business meeting.  The ACTEM Board recommends a vote to approve the 2020
revised bylaws.

Members may log into our membership system at ACTEM's website and vote on
the 2020 bylaw revisions at the following link:
*http://actem.wildapricot.org/Sys/Poll/20485
<http://actem.wildapricot.org/Sys/Poll/20485> *
This form is available to vote on the Bylaw revisions for members unable to
attend the Dec. 10, 2020 business meeting.

*December 10th ACTEM Business Meeting*

A reminder that the next ACTEM Business meeting is this Thursday, Dec. 10th
at 9:30 AM via Zoom.  The Agenda and connection information is posted on
ACTEM's website here:  *http://www.actem.org/sys/website/?pageId=1752538
<http://www.actem.org/sys/website/?pageId=1752538>*
Hope to see you this Thursday!

Gary Lanoie, Executive Director
ACTEM - The Association of Computer Technology Educators of Maine
P.O. Box 187, Gorham, ME 04038
Phone: (207) 222-4353    FAX:  (207) 222-2057     Email:  [log in to unmask]
*SAVE THE DATE * *• * *ACTEM 2021 Spring Leadership Conference  **•  May 4,
2021*