Hello friends!

As we get closer to First Gen Day this Friday, November 6, COE has a few virtual offerings you and your students can join. Details are below. Also, please send photos and announcements of your First Gen Day celebrations to Tony, so MEEOA can highlight your celebrations and students.  At this time, we can use all the celebrating we can get!!

Hope to see you tomorrow at the MEEOA Hang Out,
Mary

Only a few days left to register for these national First-Generation Celebration events.

NEW! For first-generation college and college-bound students of all ages:

National First-Generation College Student Celebration | Thursday, November 5 from 6:00 to 7:00 p.m. ET | This is an opportunity for first-gen college students to generate energy and renew pride before National First-Generation College Celebration Day. With entertainment via COE's DJ Faro, this fun hour of music, trivia, and prizes encourages students to engage on social media using hashtag #CelebrateFirstGen2020Register your first-generation students here.

For college access professionals:

Joint Virtual First-Generation College Celebration | Friday, November 6 from 2:00 to 3:00 p.m. ET | This celebration features opening remarks from COE President Maureen Hoyler and Sarah E. Whitley, assistant vice president, Center for First-generation Student Success. Hear a panel discussion about the history of the first-generation student definition, utilizing an asset-based lensRegister here.

Mary Sinclair
Student Services Coordinator, Upward Bound
University of Maine at Farmington
252 Main Street, Farmington, ME 04938
207.778.7429 (w) 207.712.2930 (c)
Toll Free: 1.888.237.1667