Hi All,

The ACTEM 2020 virtual conference is coming up next week on Oct. 20-21st.
Please share the following link to a DOE New article about our upcoming
conference with your staff:
https://mainedoenews.net/2020/10/07/register-now-for-the-actem-2020-virtual-fall-conference/

*ACTEM 2020 Virtual Fall Conference*

Oct. 20 – 21, 2020 – 2:30 – 8:00 PM

The Association of Computer Technology Educators of Maine’s (ACTEM) annual
Fall 2020 conference will be virtual online this year and is coming up in a
couple of weeks on Oct. 20-21st.  ACTEM’s mission is to influence and
enhance education in Maine through the use of technology. Our conference
offers workshops, keynotes and exhibitors centered around this mission. The
conference is a popular event for Maine educators each fall.

ACTEM is offering our conference this year for *FREE* to all current
members.  If you are not a member of ACTEM you can join for the $20 annual
individual membership fee and attend.  We know school budgets have been
impacted in these difficult times, so we want to provide this valuable PD
experience for a very modest cost to Maine educators.

*Workshop schedule and information:*

This year's schedule has been changed to an afternoon & evening format so
no subs would be necessary.  We have also shortened the online workshop
sessions to 45-minutes as we all spend more time online. ACTEM has a great
lineup of over 60 workshop sessions plus two outstanding keynote
speakers.  Click the links below for detailed schedule and workshop session
descriptions:

*Tuesday, Oct. 20th Program* <https://bit.ly/2FSW1Ed>

*Wednesday, Oct 21st Program* <https://bit.ly/35SaXNC>

*Feature Keynote Speakers**:*

*Anthony Johnson, Jr**.* -- Tuesday, Oct. 20th at 6:30 PM

Currently an Apple executive and formerly a North Carolina teacher that
transformed his science and social studies classrooms into “Johnsonville,”
a world where each student must find a job, pay the bills, pay mortgage and
taxes, and learn by doing projects.

*Keynote:  My Journey from High School Dropout to Teacher of the Year*
In my school years, I was a terrible student and a teacher’s nightmare who
stayed in trouble. During that time, I failed 4th, 7th, 8th, and 9th grades
before dropping out of high school at the age of 16.  I received my G.E.D.
and moved from job to job for nearly a decade.  In 1998, I lost both my
parents six months apart and spent time reflecting on my life and decided
to make a change.  A year later, I enrolled at Livingstone College and
graduated in 4 years with a degree in Elementary Education.  My goal is to
teach with enthusiasm and give my students a different experience from my
own in grade school. Teaching is my passion, and my desire to help young
people succeed has allowed me to travel the world as an educator.

*Kerry Gallagher* -- Wednesday, Oct. 21st at 6:30 PM

Assistant Principal for Teaching and Learning at St. John’s Prep in
Danvers, MA. She is also the Director of K-12 Education for
ConnectSafely.org <https://www.connectsafely.org/>

*Keynote:  The People in Your School are the Key to Cybersecurity*
How do we keep our students safer in the digital age and in the virtual
classroom? Cybersecurity and student data privacy are increasingly
important as more of our educational, social and work environments move
online during this time. How can we incorporate these best practices in the
virtual classroom and how will we work with both parents and students to
increase awareness?

Registration for ACTEM 2020 is open at the following link:
http://www.actem.org/event-3932165

Gary Lanoie, Executive Director
ACTEM - The Association of Computer Technology Educators of Maine
P.O. Box 187, Gorham, ME 04038
Phone: (207) 222-4353    FAX:  (207) 222-2057     Email:  [log in to unmask]
  *ACTEM 2020 Conference  *•*  Oct. 20-21st  •   Brought to you virtually
via Hopin <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpErMqMyNN4&feature=emb_logo>*