Hey Folks,

I just wanted to forward along President Hoyler's message yesterday regarding the Talent Search application for anyone who may find this information pertinent!

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend,

Eric

Are you having trouble viewing this message? Click here

Alternate text

September 3, 2020

On August 31, the Department of Education re-published their draft notice for comment on the Talent Search application package that was utilized in the 2015-16 competition (click here for draft).  As the Department of Education followed the same procedure in the 2019-20 Student Support Services competition, we believe the agency has re-issued this notice in order to eliminate the need to publish a draft for the upcoming 2020-21 Talent Search competition.

This means: (1) we can expect a short (30-45 day) turnaround between the release of the 2020-21 Talent Search RFP and the proposal due date and (2) the competitive preference priorities included in the draft just released may be different.

COE continues to expect the Talent Search application due date to be in early December or the end of January.  Virtual proposal writing workshops for COE Institutional Members will take place on October 28-30, 2020 and again when the final RFP is released.  Please consider attending the upcoming workshop and have a proposal draft critiqued.  COE staff know of very few institutions that had proposals critiqued in the Student Support Services competition whose funding was not continued.

To register for the October proposal writing workshop, click register.

If you have any questions, please email [log in to unmask].

Sincerely,

Alternate text

President

Council for Opportunity in Education

Web Bug from https://t.congressweb.com/i/?AKLAJKPAGV

Forward to a Friend | Unsubscribe

--
Eric Pratt
Pronouns: He|Him|His

Academic Counselor
MEEOA Government Relations Chair
Upward Bound | University of Maine at Farmington
252 Main Street
Farmington, ME 04938
C: 207.314.5499 | W: 207.778.7279
Toll Free: 1.888.237.1667