Hello MEEOA!

I have spent the last few days in the virtual COE Annual Conference, and it
has been a whirlwind! One of my biggest takeaways, that I wanted to share
with you all, is that a virtual conference may not have the same relational
feel, but the content and accessibility to speakers and colleagues is still
there! It gave me lots of hope and excitement for our MEEOA Annual
Conference, January 6-8.

The Department of Education shared the APR dates (which, sounds like this
may be tentative), so I wanted to pass them along to you:

EOC Open Nov 2 Closes Dec 7

SSS Open Nov 2 Closes Dec 7

UB & UBMS Open Nov 16 Closes Dec 18

TS Open Oct 16 Closes Nov 13

VUB Opens Feb 5 Closes March 5
Angelica Vialpando said she would send out that info too, but I thought it
might be helpful for those of you who are planning.

In the sessions this week, either in small conversations or through people
sharing in the chat, we were able to hear about so many ideas of what
programs are doing right now! It was amazing! Ginny Ward sent an email asking
for your input and interest <https://forms.gle/f7jogG4aSe3NTpEk8> in
professional development, and we are also planning to pick back up with
some regular times to get together as an association via Zoom. Please let
us know if you have specific requests!

We are not in this alone.
Mary

*Mary Sinclair*
Student Services Coordinator, Upward Bound
<http://www2.umf.maine.edu/upwardbound/>
University of Maine at Farmington
252 Main Street, Farmington, ME 04938
207.778.7429 (w) 207.712.2930 (c)
Toll Free: 1.888.237.1667
pronouns: she/her
UB Goes the Distance 2020
<https://sites.google.com/umfupwardbound.org/ub-goes-the-distance/home?authuser=1>

*President, Maine Educational Opportunity Association
<https://www.meeoa.org/index.php?id=1>*