I hope everyone remains safe and healthy while trying to keep up with the
demands and challenges of our new realities. We were fortunate to have
additional time to complete E-Rate filings but the deadline is right around
the corner, so the time has come to turn our attention back to the world of
E-Rate.

Please let me know if I can assist you in any way possible. Networkmaine
continues to be open for business, but on a telecommuting basis. I am
working my regular schedule (albeit from home) and am easily accessible by
email, which is the best way to reach me for assistance. I am able to
remotely retrieve voice mail messages, but if you need to speak with me in
person, please just email me your question, a good number to call you back,
and times you are available. I will then get in touch with you as soon as
possible.

*FY2020 Form 471 Filings*

Just a few days remain until the extended FY2020 Form 471 deadline. As of
the writing of this email, I have heard no rumors that the FCC might extend
the deadline even further, so make sure to get your application in on time.

The FY2020 filing window closes at *11:59 PM EDT on Wednesday, April 29,
2020.* A Form 471 must be filed by all applicants requesting FY2020 E-Rate
funding for products or services not arranged by Networkmaine.

For guides on all things Form 471 related, visit
http://erate.networkmaine.net and please remember the following rules:

   - Do not certify your Form 471 before the Allowable Contract Date (28
   days after your Form 470 was submitted)
   - Do not certify your Form 471 before you have signed a contract with
   the chosen service provider
   - Do certify your Form 471 before the window closes!

*PIA Inquiries*

Many of you have already filed your FY2020 Form 471 applications and are
already receiving PIA review inquiries. Typically, responses to PIA review
inquiries are due within 15 days of issuance, with the option of a 7-day
extension. However, the FCC granted E-Rate applicants an automatic 30-day
extension to respond to PIA inquiries.

Unfortunately, EPC is hard-coded in such a way that it cannot be updated to
reflect these extended PIA due dates, so you very likely will receive
automatic email reminder notices based on normal PIA deadlines that include
incorrect deadlines.

*A few things to know:*

1. USAC has made assurances that applicants will not be denied for being
non-responsive during this time. Your funding will not be affected if you
fail to answer by the deadline shown in EPC (contrary to what the email
states). This does not mean we get to forgo FY2020 PIA all together, but
given the challenges presented by COVID-19, reviewers have been asked to
provide additional time when needed.

2. You do not have to request an extension as you normally would - it is
automatically granted, but the system will not reflect extended response
deadlines. Reviewers will instead continue their attempts to contact you,
and when you are able to respond, they will continue their review.

3. If you choose to proactively request an extension, the system will
automatically generate a new due date based on the typical 7-day extension.
Disregard this date. You get an additional 30 days to respond per the FCC’s
Order.

4. And finally, although you are afforded a 30 day extension to respond to
PIA inquiries, I highly recommend that you respond in a timely manner,
whenever possible, so your funding committment is not delayed.

Anne Perloff
Maine State E-Rate Coordinator for Schools
Networkmaine, University of Maine System US:IT

Web: erate.networkmaine.net

Email: [log in to unmask]

Phone: 207-581-3584

Mail: