Good morning MEEOA!

Hopefully everybody is outside enjoying the sunshine! I have a few updates
that I wanted to share with everyone.

*Policy* - Next week Eric, Mary, and I will be attending the webinars that
are replacing the in-person Policy Seminar. Monday will be the Department
of Ed update, and we will be sending out an update after that. If you are
not able to attend the update, but have questions you would like to see
addressed, please send them my way by Sunday, and I will send them on to
COE. From what I can gather, COE has a pretty good grasp of a lot of the
issues our students are facing. In particular, Maureen mentioned that the
Department is aware that programs are concerned about what our requirements
are. That doesn't mean the Department will address it Monday, but we can
hope! One thing Maureen did mention is that she doesn't believe the
Covid-19 situation will impact the SSS grant competition at all, as they
are still reading remotely, and things are progressing.

*Hospitality Zoom* - As many of you know, after the Hill Visits on
Wednesday, there is usually a rally that is one of the highlights of
Policy. This year, for obvious reasons, that won't be happening. What we
thought would be nice is to set up a zoom for all MEEOA members to come
together. We will report out any news we've heard, and take the time to
just raise a glass to celebrate our work, and connect with other faces
remotely! There won't be a ME hospitality suite this year at NEOA, but
there's no reason we can't check in! There is info to access that Zoom
below, and I will try to send out a reminder Wednesday.

Hope everyone is doing ok, and hope to see many of you Wednesday!

-Steve

Hospitality Zoom Information -
Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://maine.zoom.us/j/300101979
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https://maine.zoom.us/j/300101979&sa=D&ust=1585231854579000&usg=AOvVaw1by5tctCbGMRaVY_hkPH83>

Or Telephone:

        US: +1 646 876 9923 or +1 312 626 6799 or +1 301 715 8592 or +1 346
248 7799 or +1 408 638 0968 or +1 669 900 6833 or +1 253 215 8782
    Meeting ID: 300 101 979

From a Polycom or other H.323 room system that is not a member of a video
conference, click call on the remote and dial one of the following IP
addresses followed by # the meeting ID and # again:
  162.255.36.11 (US East)
  162.255.37.11 (US West)
     Meeting ID: 300 101 979

--