Here we are,  arguing again on hockey-l.  It’s like the good old days; it’s deja vu  all over again.  ;-)

Sent from my iPad

On Mar 9, 2020, at 00:52, Tom Rowe <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

 So we should cancel all public gatherings?  What about the athletes who could infect another team?  If you cancel the audience, shouldn't you also cancel the event?

Americans have a propensity to panic at everything.  Its easy to carry the idea of isolation to the extreme, but you really can't live like that.  The virus is out of the bag and will continue to spread with or without gatherings of people.  If you are ill, or fear you are ill, or test positive (clearly as Dear Professor "very stable genius" Trump anyone can have the test who wants it - he said so himself from the CDC), then by all means self isolate.  But cancelling all sporting events is unlikely to have much impact on this virus.

I have tickets to concerts, plays, travel plans.....  I am 75 and therefore "at risk" of dying if I contract the virus, but I am not going to dig a hole and pull the top in over me.  And I doubt very many other people would do that either.  So we're back to what I suggested earlier.  Use common sense, don't expose others if you think you are ill,  but make your own decisions.

Tom
If everything seems to be going well,
you have obviously overlooked something.

Support bacteria; they're the only culture some people can cultivate.