News from ISTE...

As we’ve navigated the ongoing uncertainty of the COVID-19 crisis over the past several weeks, we’ve been humbled by, and are grateful to, the global educator community and our edtech industry collaborators for their support and expertise. The kindness, generosity and talent of the entire community has been a bright spot in a very difficult time for all.

With the date for the ISTE Conference & Expo drawing near, our primary focus has been the health and safety of our event participants. Having spent the past year preparing for the event with our volunteers, presenters, exhibitors and event partners, we were very much looking forward to seeing you in June. However, after much consideration – and based on recommendations from health organizations and policymakers – we have determined that the best course of action to protect our community and have a truly productive convening is to postpone ISTE20 to later in the year. The event will now be held Saturday, November 28-Tuesday, December 1, in Anaheim, California.

Rescheduling ISTE20 ensures that we’re able to host an amazing and collaborative learning experience with peace of mind and without compromise – the venue, setup and content will remain as similar as possible – and we’ll continue to update our lineup with exciting new additions.

We wanted to notify you of the decision as early as possible, but please bear with us as we work through some of the logistics. We will be back in touch in the next week or so with additional details and next steps. We will automatically transfer your registration to the November dates. For questions that need immediate attention, please contact iste@iste.org.

We also want to express our enormous gratitude to our ISTE20 sponsors, partners and presenters for their support as we reschedule the conference. The interactions we’ve had over the last several weeks have shown us how lucky we are to be part of such a supportive community.

In the meantime, we hope you’ll access our Learning Keeps Going site, where more than 30 organizations have mobilized to share resources and support during this challenging time for schools around the world. For now, let’s continue the conversation on the COVID-19 Educator Help Desk

Together, we’re keeping learning going.

Gary Lanoie, Executive Director

ACTEM - The Association of Computer Technology Educators of Maine
P.O. Box 187, Gorham, ME 04038
Phone: (207) 222-4353    FAX:  (207) 222-2057     Email:  [log in to unmask]
   ACTEM 2020 Spring Leadership Conference    May 6, 2020   •   Holiday Inn by the Bay - Portland, ME