FYI.
Deron

Sent from ProtonMail Mobile

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Steven Premeau<[log in to unmask]>
Date: On Thu, Jan 9, 2020 at 10:01 AM
Subject: Fwd: Emergency Maintenance: UMS Listserv - 1/9/20 11 p.m.
To: <[log in to unmask]>

Why are you getting this notice?

You are listed as an owner of one or more lists hosted on the UMS Listserv server.

What is happening?

We will be updating our Listserv software to the latest stable version beginning at 11:00 pm, Thursday, January 9, 2020. This update will take less than 2 hours and service should return by 1:00 am, Friday, January 10, 2020.

Why are we doing this?

On January 1 we became aware of a certificate issue with the older version of Listserv software that we are using. This issue prevented Listserv users from being able to log into the Listserv web interface to perform list functions. We were told by Listserv’s support staff that the only recommended solution is to update our software version and we have chosen to update to the latest stable version.

How does this affect your list?

Your existing lists will be ported over to the new server and will be identical to your existing list. All list sendto addresses will remain the same using the syntax listname‌@‌lists‌.‌maine‌.‌edu. The address for the new web interface will also be identical, https://lists.maine.edu, but note that this is now an https secure connection. Your web interface login credentials will be the same as you now use on our current Listserv version.

Listserv's latest version has a new interface which we have tested and found to be an improvement over our older version. It adds functionality that will be helpful going forward. The new interface will require some getting used to but it is fairly intuitive.

We will be publishing list owner help documents in the near future but please create a help ticket by emailing [log in to unmask] should you require assistance with your list. Please include the list name.

New Listserv List Owners list

We will be creating a new Listserv announcement list for all list owners. We will begin using this list after the update to communicate Listserv information to all UMS list owners and other stakeholders.