On the heels of the Category 2 Order, the Eligible Services List (ESL) for
Funding Year 2020 has been released (see attached).

This list specifies the products and services that are eligible for E-Rate
in FY2020. There are no significant changes to the list, except that
managed internal broadband services, caching, and basic maintenance of
internal connections have been made permanently eligible.

I strongly encourage you to take advantage of the FY2020 one-year windfall
in Category 2 budgets. I will post the actual budget multipliers as soon as
they are released, but the projected numbers are within the updated
Category 2 Changes presentation that is attached.

To apply for any E-Rate that is not arranged through Networkmaine (Category
2 for example), you must first hold a competitive bidding process. You must
file a Form 470 if you have an expiring contract or want to request E-Rate
for new products or services for FY2020 (July 1, 2020 - June 30, 2021).

If the only manner in which you participate in the E-Rate program is
through the Internet and transport services arranged by Networkmaine, then
a Form 470 is not necessary, but everyone should take advantage of the
FY2020 transition year.

The last day to file an FY2020 Form 470 is 28 days before the closing of
the yet to be announced FY2020 Form 471 filing window. I anticipate that
this window will open in January, but do not wait until the last minute.
You want to make sure that you have ample time after the posting of your
Form 470 to wait 28 days and make a decision without being up against the
wall of the closing of the 471 window.

Anne Perloff
Maine State E-Rate Coordinator for Schools
Networkmaine, University of Maine System US:IT

Web: erate.networkmaine.net

Email: [log in to unmask]

Phone: 207-581-3584

Mail: