Hi All,

I want to share with all of you one last SSS  grant writing workshop opportunity for NEOA members ( and non-members).

You can find registration information here:

http://www.neoaonline.org/a_professional.php

It will be on January 17th at York County Community College in Wells, Maine. This location is easily accessible from Route 95 or Route 1 or Route 109. Located in the southern coastal tip of Maine, it is a half day or less drive for most of New England. The cost is only $15 per person, if you are a NEOA member, and  $70 for non-members.  Continental Breakfast and light lunch included. If you would like to stay overnight, I recommend the Hampton Inn in Wells or the Village by the Sea in Wells. Both have rooms starting at $89/night. We do not have a block reserved.

Our presenter will be Donna Thompson. She will cover:

·         Four issues that could mean defunding

·         24 final check list for all proposals

·         How to Read Like A Reader or an SSS Peer Reviewer

·         Please bring a draft of your proposal(with names and identifying features blocked out) so we could not recognize your institution.

·         What's up with CPPs/ new rationale section(logic model)

If you are in the throes of writing this year’s Student Support Services proposal, you do not want to miss this session.  The session will be a  hands on working session designed to make each participant a better proposal reader to ensure that we submit the best possible proposals from New England. Please bring your proposal with all identifying material blacked out. This includes the title of your institution, and acronyms and geographically identifying information.  We will identify each proposal by a random number. Please bring at least one copy ,  double sided and divided in six stapled sections: need, objectives, plan of operation, institutional commitment, quality of personnel and evaluation, rationale.

Remember, you must register by January 9th!

Jane

Jane Kimball Foley, M.S.Ed

TRIO Student Support Services, Project Director

York County Community College

112 College Drive

Wells, ME 04090

207-216-4424

2019-2020 Chair of YCCC College Council

Also proud to be a past president of the New England Educational Opportunity

Association (NEOA)