Last night St. Lawrence and Bentley played their first game against each other.  The game was at the new Bentley Arena.  I had never been there and I thought it was a nice arena (for one that doesn't have wooden benches which I prefer).  St. Lawrence won 3-0.

First Period:
10:07 - SLU - Risteau from Steinmetz and Buhl
Second Period:
 9:18 - SLU - Suthers from Hanson and Peltonen
14:05 - SLU - Pickering from Hanson and Risteau

Saves:
SLU - Mannella -28
BU - Pelino - 18
BU - Kirk - 9 (in for the third period)

So, In the second period the Saints scored their second goal but the play continued. The play continued for about 1.5 minutes before the Saints scored again.  This time the goal was called and the whistle blew.  The play was immediately reviewed and time put back on the clock.  The second goal was disallowed.  SO, the question is - Do they have to go back and review it?  Could they have not just counted the second goal and moved on from there?  Someone jokingly said it would be better without the time added back on to the clock which was giving us more time to lose it.

As a Saints fan it was a good weekend.  A tie at Holy Cross and a win at Bentley and I went to 2 arenas that I haven't been to before.

Sara
SLU '77
Let's go SAINTS!!!!!