THE USM SOUTHWORTH PLANETARIUM
207-780-4249     www.usm.maine.edu/planet
70 Falmouth Street     Portland, Maine  04103
43.6667° N                   70.2667° W
Altitude:   10 feet below sea level
Founded January 1970

*CELESTIAL EXPLORATION CLASS # 2:*
Enrollment:   $12.00 per class ($20.00 for two people)

Walk in registrations welcome!

*CLASS # 2:  THE SOLAR SYSTEM*Monday, July 1, 2019  7:00 - 8:30 p.m.
We explore our own little niche in the galaxy.   Our solar system consists
of a blazing hot star encircled by a retinue of exotic worlds: Rapid
Mercury, brilliant Venus, verdant Earth, blood-red Mars, giant Jupiter,
magnificent Saturn, strange Uranus, and azure blue Neptune.  (We won't
forget poor, neglected Pluto.)  Join us for this odyssey through the solar
system.   The class ends with a presentation of the planetarium show,
"Eight Planets and Counting."

What are celestial exploration classes? Simple. This course consists of
eight "stand alone" astronomy classes designed for anyone!   You may enroll
in any or all of these different classes.   As they are not continuous, a
student can pick and choose the classes that interest him/her the most.
We have stand alone classes about the moon, the Sun, galaxies space weather
and even a class about the Big Bang

You are welcome to attend any or all of these classes.    You may register
by calling  207-780-4249 or by contacting the manager at