Everyone,
Firstly thank you to everyone who has provided testimony to the Legislature's Agriculture, Conservation, and Forestry Committee concerning LD1719. Whether you agree with the bill's aims or oppose the bill it is important to be involved in the political process.

As of last evening, the Legislature's Agriculture, Conservation, and Forestry Committee voted unanimously with the members present to indicate the bill as "ought to pass", indicating the bill will now go the full Legislature for a vote to enact the provisions of LD1719. The Legislature's vote on LD1719 is the next step in the process of LD1719 becoming enacted.

I believe the only change to the proposed bill's language was to add a seat to the GeoLibrary's Board representing the Maine Society of  Land Surveyors with a new Board seat. The final bill's language is likely to be available in the near future if you are interested in reading it. As I write this, the bill's proposed language does not include this change yet in the on-line version.
https://legislature.maine.gov/legis/bills/display_ps.asp?PID=1456&snum=129&paper=&paperld=l&ld=1719

The next step for everyone to consider is to reach out to your elected State legislators and ask them to consider your sentiments as it related to LD1719. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Jon Giles, PLS, GISP
Chair, Maine Library of Geographic Information Board

----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list Maine GeoNews (GEOLIBRARY-L) is an unmoderated discussion list for all Maine GIS Users. If you no longer wish to receive e-mail from this list, you can remove your name and email address yourself at the this web address:

http://lists.maine.edu/cgi/wa?SUBED1=geolibrary-l&A=1

Or,you may also request that your name be removed by sending email to: