For a good number of years, one of the options for entering these contests has been to only enter one contest rather than all.  During that period, everyone with the exception of Charlie Shub entered all contests.  Charlie would only enter contest 1.  My spreadsheet reached a stage where it was actually more difficult to manage if somebody chose not to enter all contests. At that point, I put in place the requirement that everyone enter all contests i.e. each entry must have a score for every game.  Charlie's response was to submit an entry with the same score for every game.  Since that time, Charlie has won contest 3 for two years in a row, based on the extra points he received for coming closest to the correct score.

Another interesting point is the recent history of Lewins in the contest.  My son Ben has submitted entries 11 times over the past years.  When he enters under his own name, he has finished 11th,13th,16th,17th,18th and 21st.
When he has entered under my granddaughter, Hannah's name, she has finished 3rd once and 1st twice. When he submitted an entry under my Grandson, Nate's name, he finished 2nd.  This year, he entered under his wife Michelle's name and she won.

I have no plausible explanation for this. I only know that I just got an email stating that someone named Robert Mueller wants to talk to me.  Everyone have a great off season and I hope I will be around to run this again next year