Blitzkrieg.  The only word that really fits.

UMD came out on fire and just dominated.  They used their energy and
superior smothering defense to completely take UMass out of their game.
I know its a cliche, but UMass looked like they were just happy to make
the final and seemed stunned (I think one announcer said 'deer in a
headlight') while UMD played like they knew they belonged there and were
unwilling to just play well.  I was hoping UMass would play a better
game and make it a more fun contest, but you cannot deny the greatness
of UMD.

Tom Rowe
--
Sometimes I use big words I don't full understand
in order to make me seem more prosopagnosic.