Forgot to include Integrator Listserv. See below.

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Shawn Kimball <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, Apr 10, 2019, 9:11 AM
Subject: Data/Documents on Tech Director and Tech Integrators/Job Coaches
To: ACTEM:Assoc. of Computer Technology Educators of Maine <[log in to unmask]>

Hello! Best wishes to you all. We appreciate all that you do.

Does anyone have a data set for Maine on whether schools have full-time technology directors (instead of wearing multiple hats such as business director and tech director) and those systems/schools having technology integrators (or job coaches as some schools are calling them now)?

Also, are there records of school tech plans available?  I was wondering if it is still mandatory and which schools/systems are/are not submitting one.  Also, might I be able see copies of some of your district/school technology plans and/or visions?  Copies of job descriptions for technology directors and integrators would also be helpful.

On that note, do some schools still have a technology vision statement?   It seems to me that many schools simply feel that students have enough skills and teachers need no support or do not want an integrator.  Unfortunately, tight budgets find it easy to eliminate positions that do not directly serve students.  However, we all know tech integrators are most effective as they serve a large group of teachers who each guide 20-120 students.

I believe that we can all better use technology and those seemingly old SAMR stages of the best use of technology are a thing of the past.  Personally, I believe that as students continue to change, we need to step up our game and not just lower our expectations/standards.

Sorry so long, but all this is for a very good cause and I feel the need for many of us to reinvent ourselves and reimagine our use of technology.

Thanks in advance for whatever you can share.  I can see that I will not miss any more ACTEM Conferences.  It is vital to my teaching and I need to keep fresh despite my old age.

Shawn