Dear Colleagues,

We are excited to take this opportunity with you to work on proposals
to Explore
New Aquaculture Opportunities
<https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=313202&utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery>
and
develop Advance Aquaculture Collaborative Programs
<https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=313199&utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery>
.

Submissions for both calls must be submitted by Maine Sea Grant, therefore
proposals to both FFOs are subject to UMaine Office of Research
Administration's timelines - please see timeline specifics for each below.

For NEW opportunities: We suggest that you:

(1) reach out *by 22 March* to discuss your collaboration with someone in
the Maine Sea Grant program (2) work with Maine Sea Grant staff to submit
your Letter of Intent *by 26 March *(3) have your complete draft budget,
justification (specifying 50% match) and draft narrative to Maine Sea Grant *by
2 April* (4) work with Maine Sea Grant and UMaine ORA to complete the
grants.gov submission by *24 April*

For COLLABORATIVE opportunities: We plan to approach this in two ways as
our capacity allows.

I. Maine Sea Grant will lead one proposal. We are working on the proposal
details and envision involving a later statewide request for proposals to
form a Sea Grant-led collaborative.

II. If you have other ideas for this FFO please:

(1) reach out by 29 March to Gayle or Beth to discuss your collaboration
with the Maine Sea Grant program (2) work with the Maine Sea Grant Program
to submit a Letter of Intent by 15 April (3) work with the Maine Sea Grant
Program to complete a draft budget, justification (specifying 50% match)
and draft narrative to be submitted by *24 April *(4) work with Maine Sea
Grant and UMaine ORA to complete the grants.gov submission by *15 May*

We look forward to hearing from you,

Gayle

--
Gayle B. Zydlewski

*Associate Professor*
School of Marine Sciences
5741 Libby Hall, Orono, ME 04469-5741
207-581-4365 - phone
[log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]> - email