I was wondering if folks had any opinions or thoughts on the goalie
problem that occurred int eh overtime period of last night's ECAC final
game.  If you haven't seen it, the net was pushed over onto the Cornell
goalie, Matthew Galajda,  who then became entangled.  The net remained on
the pins but the back of the net was not on the ice.  The goalie could not
free himself and the play continued.   Finally the whistle blew and the
goalie was freed.  He stayed in the game briefly but then took himself out
due to injury.   They were saying that they didn't blow the whistle because
the net was still on the pins.  The net wasn't in the proper position
however.

So here is an article about the game and Cornell's Coach Schafer's after
game comments.  Has anyone seen something like this before?  Do you think
the whistle should be blown?  I certainly thought so at the time.   I was
rooting for Clarkson but I didn't like how this tainted the win.  (there
was even talk that Clarkson had been offside on the winning goal.)

https://www.uscho.com/2019/03/24/after-overtime-controversy-clarkson-knocks-off-cornell-on-klacks-winner-to-secure-ecac-hockey-crown/

Sara
SLU '77
Let's go SAINTS!!!