Everyone,
I wanted to get the word out to Maine's geospatial community that there has been a bill put forward to fund geospatial data acquisition in Maine through a general bond fund request. As Part B of LD1224 (attached), the bill as written would put before the voters a bond funding request for a referendum vote on Election Day to fund the geospatial data acquisition projects promoted by the Maine GeoLibrary Board and our partners. This may include data such as orthoimagery, lidar, and parcel mapping.

Currently there is a testimonial hearing schedule  before the Appropriations and Financial Affairs Committee at the State House, Room 228 on April 2 at 1 pm. The hearing will provide the Appropriations and Financial Affairs Committee members with important information as to the merits of the bill's aims.

Whether you are supportive of such funding or opposed I would encourage you to consider voicing your feelings on the subject to your elected State representatives and senators so they can hear how you feel about this issue. In the meantime please let me know if you have any questions I could help to answer on the subject.

Jon Giles, PLS, GISP
Board Chair, Maine GeoLibrary Board

----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list Maine GeoNews (GEOLIBRARY-L) is an unmoderated discussion list for all Maine GIS Users. If you no longer wish to receive e-mail from this list, you can remove your name and email address yourself at the this web address:

http://lists.maine.edu/cgi/wa?SUBED1=geolibrary-l&A=1

Or,you may also request that your name be removed by sending email to: