THE SOUTHWORTH PLANETARIUM
207-780-4249    www.usm.maine.edu/planet
70 Falmouth Street    Portland, Maine 04103

ASTRONOMY a la CARTE (Night Session)
Monday, December 17, 2018
7:00 p.m.
"WINTER CONSTELLATIONS"
Enrollment:  FREE!!

We're conducting the final class of this first sequence of "Astronomy a la Carte" on Monday, December 17th at 7:00 p.m.      As a thank you to all those who helped make this new course such a success, we're offering the last class free of charge!
Spend an hour in the star dome theatre exploring the cosmos with the Southworth Planetarium.   See the Winter Hexagon,  the formidably strong Orion the Hunter, and the big and little bears chasing each other through the northern sky.    Find the luminescent arc of the Milky Way along with  the grand spiral galaxy of Andromeda tucked way in the inky darkness.  We'll add the planets, moons, and at least a modicum of celestial mythology.

As we careen helplessly toward the winter solstice, we'll enjoy the gorgeous sights of our winter night sky.

Join us on Monday night!