NEW YEAR'S PLANETARIUM
at the Southworth Planetarium
Monday, December 31, 2018
6:00 p.m. - midnight

2019 is on its way!
In fact, it has already arrived in charming locales such as Apia, Samoa and
 Christmas Island!
Because the time zone configuration is so mind numbingly complex, every new
year is mid-wived into birth over the course of 26 hours!  Like an ominous
shadow migrating inexorably across our globe, 2019 is full steam ahead and
will slam us broadsides in a little more than 16 hours from now.

Speaking of which!
If you intend to join the frenzied, bacchanal revels at the Southworth
Planetarium this evening, we strongly encourage you to please make a
reservation.        Pre-event publicity -notably, the article in the
Lewiston Sun-Journal- has brought "New Year's Planetarium" into the focal
point of attention.    (Yes, I know you're sitting there right now
thinking, 'Gee, I never heard of it. What is it, again?')

Well, what a perfect time to paste in a link:
https://usm.maine.edu/planet/new-years-planetarium-2019

If you want to attend tonight's New Year's Planetarium, please send a reply
or call  207-780-4249 to make a reservation.

Oh, and just to drape a water-soaked acre of burlap onto the excitement, if
the University closes because of the impending inclement weather, we'll
have to cancel.  ha ha!

ON THAT NOTE,  HAPPY NEW YEAR ONE AND ALL!!