ASTRONOMY a la CARTE (NIGHT SESSION)
Monday, November 5, 2018
7:00 p.m..

asolarmagnet.jpg

What do meteor showers, solar storms, the aurora borealis, coronal mass ejections, sun spots, comets and fire balls all have in common?   They are all aspects of "space weather," the dynamic and spectacular branch of astronomy pertaining to the interaction of the outer Universe with our planet.

On Monday night's "Astronomy a la Carte," we'll guide you on a whirlwind tour of spaceweather:  from the causes of meteor showers to the science of the northern lights to the structure of sunspots.    Add to that comets from the remotest regions of the solar system to potentially hazardous asteroids and you'll have a 45 megaWatt odyssey through the ultra intricate world of entangled solar magnetic fields and emerald green aurorae!

$12 enrollment.
$20 for two.

Walk in registrations welcome!