ASTRONOMY  A LA CARTE (NIGHT SESSION) ON MONDAY, NOVEMBER 26TH
BIG BANG AND COSMOLOGY
CANCELLED!

Well, dang it all to heck!
Tomorrow night we had the grandest aspirations to venture back to the very
beginning of the Universe
and we wanted to take YOU with us.....because, well, you are a wonderful
traveling companion and space-time
journeys aren't nearly as exhilarating in your absence.

Alas, the local weather forecasters (broadcasting from their undisclosed
locations in Acapulco) have predicted
8 - 12" of snow for Monday night into Tuesday.    This snow will provide a
thick layer of meringue-textured frosting
onto the glistening ice cakes now forming along the asphalt.  (We're
currently enjoying a deluge of freezing rain:  typical autumn weather....in
Manitoba.) Such conditions work wonders on the street's friction
coefficients  (i.e. makes things really slippery.)

So, because you are vitally important and we want you to live to at least
113, we've decided to cancel Monday
night's "Astronomy a la Carte."   The disappointment is double for us
because we just decorated our gallery with
new lighting effects and we want the whole blessed world to admire our
handy work!  (Yes, we know "admire"
might be a bit overly generous.)   Then again, we'll have the gallery
decked out and delightful until early January,
providing you with ample opportunity to descend into our toasty underworld
to celebrate the holidays with whatever pocket
of survivors remains by mid winter.

Weather permitting (pauses for heaving sobs), we will see you for the next
Astronomy a la Carte on December 3rd at 7:00 p.m.