Dear Colleagues,

I'm writing to let you know about an event coming up on November 8th at the
University of Maine. Student Accessibility Services and the Center for
Community Inclusion and Disability Studies are hosting a one day
conference, Equity, Access and Inclusion: A World Usability Day event.

The conference is free and open to all students, faculty, staff and the
community. Below is an overview of the schedule and a listing of some of
the concurrent sessions that will be offered. While the list-serve doesn't
let me attach our flyer about the event, I encourage you to share the
information with your students and colleagues. If you are willing to post
the flyer please email me at [log in to unmask] and I'll gladly send it to
you.

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact me at
[log in to unmask] or 207581.2316.
https://umaine.edu/studentaccessibility/sas-wud-event/

We hope to see you there, Sara Henry

Speakers and Featured Presentations for Equity, Access and Inclusion:

A World Usability Day Event

November 8, 2018

University of Maine, Memorial Union

9:00 – 4:00

·         *9:00 Check in and continental breakfast, *Bangor Room Memorial
Union

·         *9:30 Welcome and Remarks from VP Robert Dana. *Refreshments
provided. Bangor Room Memorial Union

·         *10:00 Key note: Raising Expectations for Individuals with
Significant Disabilities*, Kelly Nye-Lengerman,  LGSW. Bangor Room Memorial
Union

A Partial List of Concurrent Sessions at 11:00, 1:00, 2:00, 3:00

·         *Disability and Inclusion*: From Awareness to Action, Sara Henry,
University of Maine, Student Accessibility Services

·         *Creating a Culture of Awareness*, Joanne Benica, University of
Southern Maine, Disability Services Center

·          *Designing Accessible Classes*. Karen Pelletreau, UM Center for
Innovation in Teaching and Learning.

·         *Autism Spectrum Research and Practice*: Maine Autism Institute
for Education and Research

·         *Mindfulness*: Practice and Theory, Joshua Green, University of
Maine Counseling Center

·         *The 70,273 Project, *Jeanne Hewell Chambers
www.The70273Project.org <http://www.the70273project.org/>

·         *Tours of the Virtual Environment and Multimodal Interaction
(VEMI) Laboratory with simulation experience*

Sara Henry
Director, Student Accessibility Services
umaine.edu <http://umaine.edu/disability>/studentaccessibility
University of Maine
118 E Annex
Orono, ME 04469