ASTRONOMY a la CARTE  (NIGHT SESSION)  # 4:   COMETS AND ASTEROIDS
MONDAY, OCTOBER 15, 2018
7:00 - 8:30 .p.m.
($12 per person;   $20 for a couple)

We invite you to the next Astronomy a la Carte (Night Session) on Monda
night.    Learn the fundamentals of asteroids and comets: those solar
system interlopers that lurk in the faraway niches of interplanetary space.

ASTEROIDS
--When will the next asteroid strike Earth?
Will we know in advance if it's approaching and, maybe, do something about
it?

-Which asteroid, named for an ill-fated mythological character, is also
known as the solar system's pizza oven?

--How could a spacecraft maneuver through the main asteroid belt without
being pulverized?

-How did scientists find water on the asteroid 24 Themis?

COMETS

-Where is Halley's Comet?  When will it return?

--What would happen if you landed on a comet and then jumped off?

--Is it true that some comets originate from other star systems?

We address all these questions and your questions, as well, at the next
"Astronomy a la Carte!"

The class ends with a showing of "Incoming!"