The deadline to register for the Leveraging Learning: the iPad in Elementary Grades Conference is Sept. 7!

This year's dates are November 8 & 9 and we are once again located at the Hilton Garden Inn Riverwatch Auburn Hotel. EarlyBird registration is still only $325. includes all conference materials, access to the iTunesU Course, as well as breakfast and lunch on both days.  Early Bird Registration pricing is only until September 7, after that the cost is $375.

All sessions this year are being designed around effective models of iPad use in the elementary classroom that do two things - support learners in gaining control over content and ask learners to apply what they have learned to accomplish meaningful tasks.

Here's a brief glimpse of what we'll be offering:

• Title: Computational Thinking Through Code
Common Classroom Challenge: How can we foster computational thinking, engagement and problem solving for elementary students to support 21st century learning?

• Title: Pixel Art & Animation with Piskel
Common Classroom Challenge: How can we give students more tools within the multitude of choices to express a narrative or creative impulse they have?

 Title: Valuing People over Programs: Creating Change in the Digital Age
Common Classroom Challenge: How can we make sure that the soft skills of empathy, critical thinking, problem solving, listening/speaking, etc. are the equals of the technology skills in our classroom?

• Title: Through the Parent Lens - "iPad in My Child’s Classroom”
Common Classroom Challenge: How can we better engage parents in the increasing use of technology in classrooms?

• Title: Shaping Original Images
Common Classroom Challenge: How can we support students in moving away from grabbing images off the web to creating original images to illustrate their work?

We'll also offer the ever popular Virtual Classroom Visits and we have Oregon-based Apple Distinguished Educator Jake Lee (www.teachingjake.com) joining us to present two sessions and the closing Keynote presentation.

We'll have a total of 21 unique sessions for participants to choose from!

Registration is limited to 100 participants, so don't hesitate for too long!

For more detailed session information and to register, go to: http://institute2018.auburnschl.edu

FMI send an email to: [log in to unmask]

If you can’t attend, please forward this to a staff member who may be interested.

Carl

Carl Bucciantini
Leveraging Learning Planning Coordinator