---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Daniel Barton <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, Jun 8, 2018 at 10:13 AM
Subject: Carole Collins' Futures Award - $2,400
To: Casey Henderson <[log in to unmask]>

Hi Casey,

I hope all is well. Would you mind sharing this scholarship opportunity on the MEEOA list-serv? Thank you!
Daniel

Dear TRIO Community,

Upward Bound at USM - Dollars for Scholars is a scholarship committee that has fundraised and awarded scholarships to students who have participated in the TRIO Upward Bound Program at the University of Southern Maine over the last 15 years. Unfortunately, our 15th year also marks our last - however we are hoping to make our largest impact yet.

Our organization will be awarding three (3) $2,400 scholarships to former USM Upward Bound students this summer. Many USM Upward Bound alumni attend institutions across the state are likely connected to your SSS Programs. I hope that you can take a moment and share this opportunity with them!

Students would receive the award over a two or three year period.

The eligibility is very simple:
  • Former participant in the USM Upward Bound Program
  • Completed a minimum of one full year of post secondary education
  • Enrolled full-time, matriculated student in an associates or bachelors degree program
  • Earned a minimum 3.0 college GPA
  • Demonstrate financial need
Applications must be submitted via http://www.upwardbound-usm.dollarsforscholars.org by Friday, July 6th.

Detailed instructions are attached.

Thank you,

Daniel Barton
President, Upward Bound at USM - Dollars for Scholars

--
Daniel Barton Academic Advisor
137 Luther Bonney Hall

Confidentiality Notice:  The material transmitted herein is intended only for the use of the addressee and may contain information that constitutes work product or is confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  Distribution or copying of this communication or reliance upon its contents by unauthorized participants is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by telephone or e-mail.