Dear Colleagues and Friends,

Where would your TRIO program be without the Council for Opportunity in Education? The answer is: Terminated!

As I’m sure you are aware, one way you can help the COE keep funding, advocacy and training in place for your students and programs is through your donation to Fair Share. It’s a painless way to help on an ongoing or annual basis. More first-generation and low-income students in Maine have been served because of your hard work and because the funding has been available. But, if you’re not doing so already, it’s time to pay the piper.

Fair Share ends for this year on June 30. Maine and NEOA are doing well compared to the other states and regions, but we’re not #1. Every dollar you give between now and the end of June, excluding ongoing, regular donations, will be matched by donations from Darylen Coté, David Megquier and myself, up to a total of $1,000. Your dollar instantly becomes two dollars. But we’re hoping we can far exceed $2,000.

Will you help? It’s easy: Use attached the form or go to http://coenet.org/donate.shtml. There you can click to donate online using a credit card or download a Personal Contribution Form to mail in a check.

As soon as you do, please email me at [log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask] to let me know the date and amount you donated so we can keep track. And while you’re at it, consider making a ongoing pledge for the next Fair Share year in July.

How much can you do to help assure that your programs will be there for your students?

—Alan Parks

Former Maine TRIO director