Hello MEEOA,

We are hosting a happy hour at Woodmans on Wednesday, April 25 from 4-5:30PM at Woodmans in Orono. Woodmans will donate 50% of the bar tab during that time to our program. All (100%) of the profits from the evening will support our student's travel to the conference.

Why are we fundraising? One of our current Upward Bound Math Science students, a junior at Nokomis Regional High School, has an amazing opportunity to travel to the ISER XII Symposium in England this summer with her UBMS mentor, Dr. Matt Dube, and several other UMS faculty/students from Witter Farm. Her 2018 UBMS Individual Project research, The Effect of Age and Breeding History on Thoroughbred Foaling" was selected for presentation. The Symposium has awarded her a $700 grant and we are helping her to fundraise an additional $1000.

Of course, donations can be made without attending the Happy Hour by contacting Rebecca Colannino, UB Program Director, at [log in to unmask]or donating through the UMaine Foundation UMaine Alumni Foundation